- µTorrent (3.1) – P2P Software Review
- New Spybot – Search & Destroy Definition Update Available (2012-01-18)
- Blog Update #200.5 – (CSW’s) JustAnswer.com Scam Watch Feature Receives Over 500. 5 Star Ratings
Posted: 17 Jan 2012 09:15 PM PST
- Sometimes good Torrents are really really hard to find
- Sometimes it can take hours, days, weeks to download a file and or files. All will depend on your connection speed, the size of the file and the souring of the torrent and or torrents you are using.
- There can be some serious virus issues
- Depending on your Internet connection. You can use all your bandwidth for the whole house or business network without evening knowing it.
- Some options require you to be rather Computer/Internet Savvy person
- Setting up µTorrent for optimal performance can take some trial and error.
- Simple to use
- There is a ton of customization options wise
- App add-ons
- Very easy to use Internet connection guide
- Files are generally pretty darn safe. Provided you know what files types you are looking for and or planning to download. (And with the Torrents with positive feedback/ also know as the Green comments)
- Way better then the bulk of their competition
- Very slick/clean interface
- Very light on resources (Both Ram and CPU)
- Provided you use a good torrent site, you can get some stellar file sourcing.
- You can find some pretty rare files, movies, music and or books
- Very decent download speeds for most torrents
- Very easy to change ports on the fly
- Can download any type of files you could ever possibly want.
- Can download multiple files at a time
- Can download huge files of several 100 gigs with ease.
- Has bandwidth and sourcing encryption
Overall Score 4.5 out of 5 – Provided you are using a good torrent source such as ISOHUNT. You should be able to find pretty much anything you could ever want. But be very careful some Torrents can have some very nasty virus hidden inside them. So please use the Torrent Positive/Negative comment rule (If it is green it is a go). So if there is no feedback or negative also known as RED feedback posted for that torrent. Then whatever you do don't download said torrent. If you do decide to download anyways you would be asking for a possible virus issues.
On the other hand if there are a bunch of positive comments (Green Comments/Positive + Score). Then you should be good, but I tend to read the comments even if there are a lot of positive comments. Just to air on the safe side.
Here Is The Link To Download µTorrent (3.1): http://www.utorrent.com/
Till The Next Review,
Posted: 17 Jan 2012 12:53 PM PST
Hello and welcome to my post that will be continuing to following all of the Spybot – Search & Destroy weekly definition updates.
Here is the full list of updates:
Total: 2498071 fingerprints in 781864 rules for 6462 products.
To see the full list in it's original glory. Please use the following link: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/home/index.html
If you would like to download Spybot – Search & Destroy please use the following link: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/spybotsd/index.html
Till The Next Spybot Update,
Posted: 17 Jan 2012 12:46 PM PST
This week The Computer Savvy Weblog has hit yet another huge milestone for us as a whole. On Jan 16th @ 8 am EST. We received our 500th "5 star ratings" for our feature Scam Watch: JustAnswer.com Is It A Scam ? Or Is It Just A Really Bad Investment ?. Written by our very own (CSW) member "Nico".
Both myself and the rest of the (CSW) crew would like to say well done Nico. It's been a long but worthwhile haul for all of us involved. Keep up the great work and hope to see you break yet another milestone in the very near future.
Till The Next Blog Update,
Remy "Se7en" + Danny
|You are subscribed to email updates from The Computer Savvy Weblog |
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now.
|Email delivery powered by Google|
|Google Inc., 20 West Kinzie, Chicago IL USA 60610|