- What Does The Short Form “UAC” Stand For ?
- New Spybot – Search & Destroy Definition Update Available (2011-11-16)
- SpeedFan (4.45) – Freeware Review
Posted: 16 Nov 2011 09:56 PM PST
UAC or User Account Control – is a technology and security infrastructure introduced with Microsoft's Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 operating systems, with a more relaxed version also present in Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 . It aims to improve the security of Microsoft Windows by limiting application software to standard user privileges until an administrator authorizes an increase or elevation. In this way, only applications trusted by the user may receive administrative privileges, and malware should be kept from compromising the operating system. In other words, a user account may have administrator privileges assigned to it, but applications that the user runs do not inherit those privileges unless they are approved beforehand or the user authorizes it.
Posted: 16 Nov 2011 02:25 PM PST
Hello and welcome to my post that will be continuing to following all of the Spybot – Search & Destroy weekly definition updates.
Here is the full list of updates:
Total: 2478143 fingerprints in 778113 rules for 6391 products
To see the full list in it's original glory. Please use the following link: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/home/index.html
If you would like to download Spybot – Search & Destroy please use the following link: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/spybotsd/index.html
Till The Next Spybot Update,
Posted: 15 Nov 2011 09:15 PM PST
1. What Does SpeedFan Do ? SpeedFan monitors your CPU, Mother Board, Hard-drives and internal fans and even your graphic card or cards and gives you an easy to use temperature read out. Both in your system tray and via your Vista / Win 7 sidebar (If you have it running) with the correct up to date sidebar widget. So you can tell how hot your computer is running and to prevent any possible damage. As well as improve your overall system performance.
2. Ease Of Use – SpeedFan is very easy to use because all you need to do is install it and you are good to go. In most cases SpeedFan will auto-detect most CPU's, Motherboards and Graphics Cards. There has yet to be a computer thus far that has not detected all or most of the internal components.
3. Interface - Very simple SpeedFan has a few easy to use tabs and that is pretty much it. SpeedFan is by no means fancy, but that is how I like it. Simple and to the point with no pointless filler. Dragging it down.
4. Can You Leave SpeedFan Running Without Issue ? Yes, you can no doubt
5. Is There Any Adware Or Spyware Bundled With SpeedFan ? No
6. Is SpeedFan Stable ? Very stable
I give SpeedFan an Overall Rating of 4.5 out of 5 – This new version seems to have much better database of CPU's , Motherboards and Graphics cards to detect from. SpeedFan yet again seems to load a little faster then the (4.44) version if that is even possible. There is still a few things, I really would like to see in future versions of SpeedFan. And that would be the ability to have SpeedFan load up during computer start-up. And the ability to check for updates with in the SpeedFan main interface.
I would also like to see them fix the overly dark SpeedFan desktop icon.
You Can Grab This Freeware APP From The Following Website: http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php
Till The Next Review,
|You are subscribed to email updates from The Computer Savvy Weblog |
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now.
|Email delivery powered by Google|
|Google Inc., 20 West Kinzie, Chicago IL USA 60610|