Posted: 22 Nov 2011 09:15 PM PST
Name: Auslogics Disk Defrag
AA. Cost: Free
BB. Is Auslogic Disk Defrag Worth It ?: Yes, 100%
1. Ease Of Use – Super simple. There are basically 4 options Analyze , Defrag and Defrag & Optimize and Quick Defrag. And 1 hidden option "Check For Disk Errors"
1A. Interface - I would hazard a guess at saying that this is idiot proof. But every time I say that I get an e-mail a day or so later. Saying it screwed up their system or caused some conflict.
2. Quality Of Scan – Extremely accurate and a lot faster. Then pretty much any free Disk Defrag program out there. Even faster then Smart Defrag (in some cases).
2A. Speed Of Scan – Regular scan time for a 500 gig hard drive ranges any where from under 5mins to around 2hrs. The time it takes to defrag your hard drive. Does vastly depend on how fragmented your hard drive and or drives are in the first place.
2B. Ease Of Reading The Final Report: Harder then you might expect.
3. Updating – When you check to see if there is an update. It will bring you to the Auslogic Disk Defrag website. Where if there is an update available. It will be a highlight in blue. You then can then click to download said new version and then install it to your PC.
4. Can You Run Other Programs During A Scan ? Yes
4A. Can You Run A Programs During An Update ? Yes
5. Is There A Progress Bar ? Yes
6. Can You Leave Auslogic Disk Defrag Running Without Issue ? Yes
7. Is There Adware Or Spyware Bundled With Auslogic Disk Defrag ? Yes, there is an optional Ask.cm toolbar. You can opt-out of.
8. Is Auslogic Disk Defrag Stable ? Yes
I give Auslogics Disk Defrag an Overall Score of 4 out of 5 - Other then some issues with raided hard-drives and a hard to understand end of scan report read-outs. Auslogic Disk Defrag is a must have for any PC user. And that goes double for all the Windows Vista users out there. That are miffed off about the terrible disk defrag program. That is included with their copy of Windows Vista.
**The only downside I could see with Auslogic Disk Defrag. Was that it only can offers up whole number percentages such as 1% hard drive fragmentation. When other disk defragers can offer up more accurate to the last percentage point such as a read out of 1.55% overall disk fragmentation. Again a very minor issue seeing it is freeware.
***But I still give a very slight edge to Smart Defrag (2.2)
Link to Download Auslogics Disk Defrag: http://www.auslogics.com/en/software/disk-defrag/download/
Till The Next Review,
Posted: 22 Nov 2011 11:36 AM PST
Here Is The Official Change Log For AVG Free Anti-Virus 2012 (2012.0.1873). Straight From AVG's Main Site……
Program Update AVG Free Anti-Virus 2012 (2012.0.1873)
Fixes & Improvements
- Safe Search: Safe Search is no longer in conflict with Australian Taxation Office website.
- Safe Search: Fixed Toolbar "unable to connect to AVG" issue.
Till The Next Update,
|You are subscribed to email updates from The Computer Savvy Weblog |
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now.
|Email delivery powered by Google|
|Google Inc., 20 West Kinzie, Chicago IL USA 60610|