- IObit Smart Defrag (2.3) – Freeware Review
- New Mozilla FireFox (10.0) Build Is Now Available To Download
- Mozilla FireFox (3.6.26) Is Now Available To Download
Posted: 31 Jan 2012 09:15 PM PST
Program Name: IObit Smart Defrag
AA. Cost: Free
BB. Is It Worth That Cost ?: Yes, for sure 100%
1. Ease Of Use – Just click and go. I would personally advise if you do use this program. To try to use the analyze option first before full defrag. So you know how long it may take to run full scan.
1A. Interface - A very snazzy black border with grey interior with 2 main buttons – DEFRAG and ANALYZE (Both offer yet more options via a drop down menu). But there are also 4 tabs. (State (C:), Automatic Defrag, Boot Time Defrag and Reports)
2A. Quality Of Analyze Scan Option – Very quick and accurate
2B. Quality Of Defrag Processes - Excellent
2C. Quality Of Defrag Optimization – Hard to tell. But I don't generally have to defrag as often if I do the dual scan
2D. Speed of Scan – Pretty Quick, I find it on par with Auslogic disk defrag
3. Updating – A little slow as you haev to go to "IObit Smart Defrag Update Site" Then click on the large download button. Download the new versions. Then and only then you can start to install the new version from your desktop or Internet Browser Download section.
4. Can You Run Other Programs During A Scan ? Yes
4A. Can You Run Programs During Update ? Not sure, Have not had to update it yet. But all signs point to yes there should be no issue.
5. Is There A Progress Bar? Yes, there is a progress bar
6. Can you leave it running and it will run with out issue ? Yes
7. Is There Adware Or Spyware Bundled With It ? Nope, not that I saw
8. Is It Stable ? Yes, very much so
10. How Long Do Scans Take ? The first time you run it could take awhile. After that cut the time at least in half.
Overall I give Smart Defrag (2.2) a – 4.5 out of 5 – Smart Deafrg again crushes its main competition "Auslogic disk defrag" free with great ease. I highly recommend Smart Defrag to anyone .Who is sick and tired of the disk defragger built into Windows. And that goes double for Vista users. Smart Defrag is very light on resources and safe to use. Even for the most novice computer user
Smart defrag also allows for very accurate drive readings (Such as 0.15 % drive fragmentation). Instead of getting stuck with whole number read outs (Such as 1.0% drive fragmentation) That is provided by its competition Auslogic disk defrag.
2 Links You Can Use To Download Smart Defrag (2.3): http://www.iobit.com/iobitsmartdefrag.html or http://download.cnet.com/Smart-Defrag/3000-2094_4-10759533.html?tag=mncol;1
Till The Next Review,
Posted: 31 Jan 2012 03:32 PM PST
It appears that there is a whole new Mozilla FireFox build available to download right now. And for all of those people who are interested here is the list of some of the fixes and improvements in this new (10.0) build.
The latest version of Firefox has the following changes:
- The forward button is now hidden until you navigate back
- Most add-ons are now compatible with new versions of Firefox by default
- Anti-Aliasing for WebGL is now implemented
- CSS3 3D-Transforms are now supported
- New element for bi-directional text isolation, along with supporting CSS properties
- Full Screen APIs allow you to build a web application that runs full screen
- We've added IndexedDB APIs to more closely match the specification
- Inspect tool with content highlighting, includes new CSS Style Inspector
- Mac OS X only – after installing the latest Java release from Apple, Firefox may crash when closing a tab with a Java applet installed
- Some users may experience a crash when moving bookmarks
To see the complete list of changes in this version. Web and extension developers should also view the curated list of platform changes. You may also be interested in the list of changes in the previous version.
** To see the un-edited change log for the new Mozilla FireFox (9.0) build: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/9.0/releasenotes/
Till The Next FireFox Update,
Posted: 31 Jan 2012 03:21 PM PST
It appears that there is still another update for Mozilla FireFox available to download right now. And for all of those people who are interested here is the list of some of the fixes and improvements in the (3.6.26) version…
Till The Next 3.6.xxx Mozilla FireFox Update,
|You are subscribed to email updates from The Computer Savvy Weblog |
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now.
|Email delivery powered by Google|
|Google Inc., 20 West Kinzie, Chicago IL USA 60610|