Posted: 14 Feb 2012 09:15 PM PST
Here is my full review for Core Temp (1.0) RC 3 / 32 Bit version
1. What Does Core Temp Do ? It monitors your CPUs and internal fans and gives you a very accurate temperature read out. Both in your system tray and on your Vista/Win 7 sidebar (If you have Core Temp app running) with the correct up to date widget. So you can tell how hot your computer is running and to be able to prevent possible damage (Via PC automatic Shut Down if it goes above a set temp) as well as improve your overall system performance.
2. Ease Of Use – Core Temp is very easy to use because all you need to do is install it and it is ready to go. In most cases it will auto-detect your CPU's. There has not been a computer that I have installed it on that did not detect the proper make and number of cores your CPU has.
3. Interface - Very simple. Core temp has a few easy to use options and that is pretty much it. It is by no means fancy, but that is how a CPU temperature app should be. Simple and to the point with no pointless filler. Dragging it down and taking up to much memory.
4. Is Core Temp Stable ? Extremely stable
5. Can You Leave Core Temp Running Without Issue ? Yes, you can no doubt
6. Is There Adware or Spyware Bundled With It ? Yes, there is A VERY NASTY Yahoo Internet Browser Hijacker within the install file. I would HIGHLY recommend doing a custom install and make sure you un-check all 3 boxes. Then you can proceed with the installation with no worries.
I give Core Temp (1.0) RC 3 / 32 Bit an overall score of 3 out of 5 - This temperature control and read out app is great with a long list of compatible CPU's it will detect. Core Temp loads up really fast and can be used in conjunction with "ALL CPU Meter" sidebar gadget. To show you your CPU temp in both your system tray and on the actual sidebar. There is just 2 things, I really would want to see in future versions of Core Temp. And that would of course be an update button and an auto load up feature (So it can boot up when ever the you PC is re-booted.)
The reason for the my middle of the road 3 out of 5 score. Is due to the inclusion of the VERY NASTY Yahoo Internet Browser Hijacker. Included in the installation file. It is both hard to get rid of and very easy to install by accident. This type of software should never be included as an option. Even when it is useful freeware app.
You can grab this freeware app from the following website: http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/
Till The Next Review,
|You are subscribed to email updates from The Computer Savvy Weblog |
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now.
|Email delivery powered by Google|
|Google Inc., 20 West Kinzie, Chicago IL USA 60610|