- What Does Short Form “ISP” Stand For ?
- How To: Avoid Junk, Spam And Scam Mail From Clogging Up Your Inbox
- New Spybot – Search & Destroy Definition Update Available (2011-10-12)
Posted: 12 Oct 2011 09:20 PM PDT
ISP or Internet Service Provider – is a company that provides access to the Internet. Access ISPs directly connect customers to the Internet using copper wires, wireless or fiber-optic connections. Hosting ISPs lease server space for smaller businesses and host other people servers.
Till The Next Short Form,
Posted: 12 Oct 2011 09:10 PM PDT
Hey there everyone I've got a lot of e-mails about how to avoid Junk Spam and Scam mail. So here are a few tips on how to avoid the pain in the neck that is Junk Mail.
1. Have more then 1 e-mail account. That is not on your ISP's (Internet Service Provider) server. Such as a Rogers, Bell and or Shaw account.
The Reason: Generally speaking quite a few ISP's (Internet Service Provider) have been known to sell their clients e-mails to advertisers. (So make sure it is a free mail client such as Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo and so on)
2. Make sure you have at least 2 accounts. One can be used to sign up for newsletters, forums and chat room. The second one should only be used for private/personal reasons only.
3. After you decided what e-mail is for what. It is really important not to change your mind for what ever reason.
4. After you decided what your private e-mail is going to be. (Don't use it to sign up for anything) I mean nothing no Facebook, Twitter, Google + and so on. No forums or chat rooms ether. Only give the e-mail address out in the body of an e-mail or by hand to a friend or on MSN or Windows Live Message.
Example Of How To Set-up A Set Of E-mail Accounts:
Disclaimer: None of these are real e-mail address
1. (email@example.com) is for Newsletters. Forums And Chat Rooms
2. (firstname.lastname@example.org) is for Money transactions or bank statements
3. (email@example.com) is for talking to family or friends
If you follow these steps your 2 bottom e-mail address should get close to no junk or spam mail. But don't be surprised if you get a crazy amount of spam/junk mail in the non-private and or sign-up e-mail account. But heck that is what it is there for in the first place. RIGHT !?!
Till then enjoy being free of the overwhelming SPAM STORM…
Till The Next Feature,
Posted: 12 Oct 2011 01:56 PM PDT
Hello and welcome to my post that will be continuing to following all of the Spybot – Search & Destroy weekly definition updates.
Here is the full list of updates:
Total: 2465738 fingerprints in 775698 rules for 6316 products.
To see the full list in it's original glory. Please use the following link: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/home/index.html
If you would like to download Spybot – Search & Destroy please use the following link: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/spybotsd/index.html
Till The Next Spybot Update,
|You are subscribed to email updates from The Computer Savvy Weblog |
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now.
|Email delivery powered by Google|
|Google Inc., 20 West Kinzie, Chicago IL USA 60610|