- SUPERAntiSpyware (5.0.1134) Professional Edition – Full Review
- How To: Find Yourself On Google. So You Can Remove Yourself. -SUPER Noob Edition-
- New Spybot – Search & Destroy Definition Update Available (2011-10-26)
Posted: 26 Oct 2011 09:30 PM PDT
The Rating Scale Breakdown:
V. 3.0B – SAS Professional Review Template
Price: $29.95 USD For A 1 year Subscription For Up To 3 Users/PC's. And Add Just An Extra $9.95 USD For A LIFETIME Subscription For Up To 3 Users/PC's.
Is SUPERAntiSpyware Pro Worth The Price ?: Yes it is. If you want the full protection with the added benefits of Automatic Updating, Scheduling Scanning and Real-Time Protection. Then you will be more then happy with the one time $39.90 USD price point for A LIFETIME Subscription to SUPERAntiSpyware Professional.
A. Installation SUPERAntiSpyware - 5.0 "Excellent" – Fast, Safe and Simple
B. Un-installing SUPERAntiSpyware – 3.5 "Average" – No start menu un-install feature. But you can un-install using Windows control panel.
C. Stability Of Program - 5.0 "Excellent" – Absolutely no stability Issues
D. Residential Shield Test - 4.5 "Great" – Very useful and its always great when you can add an extra layer to your PC protection
DD. Browser Hi-Jack And Registry Protection – 4.0 "Great" – Great. But there is still a lack of protection for Firefox and Chrome
DDD. System Repair Option – Undetermined – Have yet to need to use it for any reason.
E. Detection Rate Test:
E1. Windows XP – 4.5 "Great"
E2. Windows Vista – 4.5 "Great"
E3. Windows 7 - 4.5 "Great"
F. Speed of Scan – 3.5 "Average" – Painfully slow at times on some computers. Scan times run on average from about 35 mins to over an 1hr and 30mins
FF. Scan Boost – 3.5 "Average" - This option does not work for every computer we tested. But when it did work, it worked very well.
FFF. Types Of Different Scans Available - 5.0 " Excellent" - With 5 different types of scans to suite your fancy.
G. Update Manager – 5.0 " Excellent" – Works like a charm with no lag at all. As SUPERAntiSpyware has implemented smaller definition updates.
H. Scan Logs – 3.5 "Average" - The logs could be quite a bit easier to read. But they are in the same league as most programs in this category of software
My Overall Score: 60 /70
85.7 % = A -
My Final Verdict: SUPERAntiSpyware is a very easy and safe program to use. Regardless of your background knowledge of computers and or the Internet. SUPERAntiSpyware also has a much more updated look this time around with a whole new UI (User Interface) , new faster updating , as well as drastically updated real time protection.
Here are 2 links to download SUPERAntiSpyware Professional Edition:
1. http://www.superantispyware.com/download.html (SUPERAntiSpyware Main Site)
2. Out Of Date Link As Of This Review (Via download.com/Cnet)
Till The Next Review,
Posted: 26 Oct 2011 09:15 PM PDT
Here are some quick tips to aid you "SUPER Noobz" out there. In how to find yourself on Google. So you can remove yourself.
1) Put your name in quotation marks. So if your name is John Doe search for "John Doe"
2) Try variations of your name and middle name. So if you had a middle name of Andrew as well as searching for "John Doe" search for "John Andrew Doe" "John Doe" "Jhon Doe" "Johnathan A Doe" etc
3) If you have a common name (or even uncommon name). You can reduce the number of results by searching for your name link one or more related terms to it.
First of a search for your Facebook profile:
"John Doe" FaceBook
If on the other hand you want to see whether a forum or message board profile can be linked back to you. Simply by searching "John Doe" had a profile name of "IGN PS3 Forum" you would search for
John Doe "IGN PS3 Forum"
This should tell you if your profile can be easily linked back to your real name.
This could be a problem if you had a profile on a message board. You would rather not have anyone know about (Such as adult content or drug related or even illness related)
4) Remember that on some occasions information could be linked back to you already. Such as a linked Digg.com profile/Twitter Account/Flicker Account/Facebook Account. (Often it can be hard to unlink these accounts. But some are easier then others.)
5) Remember if you use a nick name or callsign such as "ACE666" know the more sites you use it on and a links to your blog (you post). The easier it will be to link it back to you and your site.
Finally a quick tip to reduce your risk
If you have an option to keep information private or limit who can see it. Often such information needs a box un-checked or in some cases actually physically removing the information from your profile by hand -Often after registration- (THIS IS ALSO CALLED STRIPPING YOUR PROFILE)
DISCLAIMER: Results will dramatically vary based on your Internet footstep/ tech footstep. Meaning all you SUPER SOCIAL NETWORK JUNKIES out there. Will have a much harder time at this. But regardless good luck.
Till The Next How To Feature,
Posted: 26 Oct 2011 01:02 PM PDT
Hello and welcome to my post that will be continuing to following all of the Spybot – Search & Destroy weekly definition updates.
Here is the full list of updates:
Total: 2471683 fingerprints in 777038 rules for 6355 products
To see the full list in it's original glory. Please use the following link: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/home/index.html
If you would like to download Spybot – Search & Destroy please use the following link: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/spybotsd/index.html
Till The Next Spybot Update,
|You are subscribed to email updates from The Computer Savvy Weblog |
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now.
|Email delivery powered by Google|
|Google Inc., 20 West Kinzie, Chicago IL USA 60610|