- Blog Update #181 – This Week (CSW) Reviews Both Versions Of SUPERAntiSpyware (5.0.1118)
- New AVG Free Anti-Virus 2012 Build Is Now Available To Download
- AVG Free Anti-Virus 2012 (2012.0.1796) Official Change Log From The AVG Free Forum
Posted: 04 Sep 2011 01:22 AM PDT
This week the (CSW) crew will be bring you 2 full reviews of SUPERAntiSpyware (5.0.1118). We will be covering both the Freeware version and the Professional version of SUPERAntiSpyware (5.0.1118).
So till then have a great week……
-Between Aug 29th 2011 – Sept 4th 2011-
Last Weeks Top Computer Savvy Weblog News Post
Last Weeks Top Computer Savvy Weblog Feature
Last Weeks Top Computer Savvy Weblog Review
Till The Next Blog Update,
Posted: 03 Sep 2011 07:01 PM PDT
It appears that there is a whole new AVG Free Anti-Virus build available to download right now.
1. http://free.avg.com/ww-en/download-free-antivirus (Via AVG Main Download Section)
2. http://download.cnet.com/AVG-Anti-Virus-Free-Edition-2012/3000-2239_4-10320142.html?tag=rb_content;main (Via Download/Cnet.com)
Till The Next Update,
Posted: 03 Sep 2011 04:32 PM PDT
Here Is The Official Change Log For AVG Free Anti-Virus 2011 (2012.0.1796). Straight From The AVG Free Forum……
Program Update AVG 2012 Free 2012.0.1796
Fixes & Improvements
- AntiRootkit: Improved detection of new variants of Alureon rootkit.
- Anti-Rootkit: Fixed several false positive detections.
- AvgSys: Fixed issue with scan of dynamic hard drives.
- Core: Fixed crash during scan of registry.
- Core: Polymorphic malware detection methods have been optimized.
- Core: Some false alarms removed.
- Core: More flexible virus definitions.
- Core: Improved heuristic detection.
- Core: Optimization of "Scan files referred in registry" in Resident Shield.
- Documentation: Instructions on fixing the most frequent technical issues have been added to chapter Troubleshooting in Help.
- Identity Protection: New RogueAV detection was added to IDP component.
- General: AVG products allow sound notifications for specific alerts.
- General: Added support for Anti-Rootkit exceptions.
- General: Added copyright information on third party resources.
- Kernel: End of MS Outlook 2000/2002 support.
- Kernel: Fixed issue with Resident Shield exclusion list when Kerio mail server is installed.
- Online Shield: Fixed HTTP traffic corruption when AVG Accelerator is enabled.
- Outlook: Fixed compatibility issue with Alt-N Outlook Connector.
- Outlook: Fixed Outlook addin compatibility with additional e-mail accounts.
- Safe Search: Fixed crash in Google Chrome when BitDefender TrafficLight is enabled.
- Safe Search: Fixed LinkScanner crash during common browsing.
- Safe Search: Optimization for framesets implemented.
- Safe Search: Fixed issue with https Facebook not showing verdict icons in Google Chrome.
- Safe Search: Safe Search is no longer in conflict with Australian Taxation Office website.
- Setup: Fixed crash when saving log files in setup.
- Setup: Fixed issue with detection of competitive products.
- Setup: Setup will ask for restart if the installation of Microsoft redistributables requires it.
- Setup: Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 is detected as conflicting application.
- Toolbar: Brand new toolbar implemented.
- Toolbar: Toolbar introduces a new feature for private browsing.
- Update: Last update time displayed in AVG user interface changes only if the update was successful.
- Update: Fixed crash on Windows Server 2003.
- User Interface: Several components were grouped together to reduce number of components in overview.
- User Interface: Fixed handling of duplicates in Resident Shield exceptions list.
- User Interface: Added default settings for advanced "Identity Protection settings" dialog.
- User Interface: Added support for In-application store.
- User Interface: Fixed notification about logged in users in restart request dialog.
- User Interface: The "Ignore the state of this component" option is only available from advanced settings.
Till The Next Update,
|You are subscribed to email updates from The Computer Savvy Weblog |
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now.
|Email delivery powered by Google|
|Google Inc., 20 West Kinzie, Chicago IL USA 60610|