- SpeedFan 4.45 Beta 2 – Available to Download @ Almico.com
- SUPERAntiSpyware (5.0.1118) Professional Edition – Software Review
- SUPERAntiSpyware (5.0.1118) Free Edition – Freeware Review
Posted: 08 Sep 2011 07:13 PM PDT
I just went over to Almico.com to see if there was a new version of SpeedFan available and, what did you know there was one available. But unfortunately it is still in the beta stage. But if you are still interested you can download the beta release of SpeedFan right now @ the following Website Link: http://www.almico.com/sfbetaprogram.php
Till The Next Update,
Posted: 08 Sep 2011 03:24 PM PDT
AA. Cost: $29.95 USD For A 1 year Subscription For Up To 3 Users/PC's. And Add Just An Extra $9.95 USD For A LIFETIME Subscription For Up To 3 Users/PC's.
BB. Is SUPERAntiSpyware Worth The Price ?: Yes it is. If you want the full protection with the added benefits of Automatic Updating, Scheduling Scanning and Real-Time Protection. Then you will be more then happy with the one time $39.90 USD price point for A LIFETIME Subscription to SUPERAntiSpyware Professional.
1. Ease Of Use – One of the most direct and straight to the point programs. I have had the pleasure of reviewing.
1A. Interface - Very clean and old school looking. With 7 very simple one click buttons.
2. Quality Of Scan – Super fast and incredibly accurate. No matter what scan options you decide to use.
3. Updating – A very quick process due to much smaller definition updates.
4. Can You Run Other Programs While Running A Scan ? Yes, with absolutely no doubt in my mind.
4A. Can You Run Programs During The Update Process ? Yes, with absolutely no doubt in my mind. (Small Side Note: Using the "Update Process" will take dramatically less RAM and CPU usage as compared to what is needed for a scan.)
5. Is There A Progress Bar Or % Done ? No not as of yet
6. Can You Leave SUPERAntiSpyware Running. With Little Or No Issue ? Yes, you can. But on the very rare occasion SUPERAntiSpyware may require you to reboot your PC. In order to remove some of the more difficult malware, spyware, adware and or Internet cookies on your computer.
7. Is There Any Adware Or Spyware Bundled With SUPERAntiSpyware ? Absolutely not
8. Is SUPERAntiSpyware Stable ? Yes, 100%
Overall score for SUPERAntiSpyware Professional Edition is a 4.5 out of 5 – SUPERAntiSpyware is a very easy and safe program to use. Regardless of your background knowledge of computers and or the Internet. SUPERAntiSpyware also has a much more updated look this time around with a whole new UI (User Interface) , new faster updating , as well as drastically updated real time protection.
Here Is The Link To Download SUPERAntiSpyware Professional Edition: http://www.superantispyware.com/download.html
Till The Next Review,
Posted: 08 Sep 2011 02:10 PM PDT
- It's 100% free
- Very small installation file (Only 12 MB)
- Both 32 bit and 64 bit versions are available to download
- Easy to install
- Simple to use
- Really fast and accurate scanning
- Overall detection rate has improved yet again since the (4.55) version of SuperAntiSpyware
- Very quick updating with much smaller definitions size this time around
- Definition update corruption protection (Added to prevent viruses from blocking any new definition / signature updates)
- Product update corruption protection (Added to prevent viruses from blocking any new product updates)
- Has much less limitations then most other freeware versions of its kind
- Way better then it's other freeware competition
- Very simple interface with 7 easy to use one press buttons
- Very light on resources (Both Ram and CPU) generally on most computers you'll see under 50% CPU, RAM usage after only 1 to 5 mins (After initial start up of any of the 4 scan options -Quick Scan, Complete Scan, Critical Point Scan, Custom Scan or Rescue Scan-) Unless you choose to use scan boost. Then there will be a larger impact on your CPU.
- Internet Explorer Browser Hi-Jack Protection
- There is now a Scan Boost option. Which from our tests show the faster your CPU is the faster the scan will be. We saw the largest impact on quad core processor. While we saw little impact on the scan speed with dual core processors.
- No automatic updating
- Unable to use the scan scheduler
- No real time protection
- No Mozilla FireFox browser support
- No Chrome browser support
- And on the super rare occasion SUPERAntiSpyware may require you to reboot your PC. In order to remove some of the more difficult malware, spyware, adware and or Internet cookies from your computer.
Overall I give SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition a 4 out of 5 – SUPERAntiSpyware is extremely effective even in it's freeware version package. You are not choked to death with too many stupid software limitations. Like so so many other freeware programs out there now. You can still update SUPERAntiSpyware and you can still use its 5 different scanning options (minus of course the scan scheduler option). The only 2 very minor downsides that I can see are that you have to manually scan and manually update SuperAntiSpyware yourself. (For most people this is not even a very big deal. Because we already do it anyways with our other freeware programs such as Spybot and Malwarebytes)
Here Is The Link To Download SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition: http://www.superantispyware.com/download.html
Till The Next Review,
|You are subscribed to email updates from The Computer Savvy Weblog |
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now.
|Email delivery powered by Google|
|Google Inc., 20 West Kinzie, Chicago IL USA 60610|