- New Spybot – Search & Destroy Definition Update Available (2011-09-14)
- ImTranslator (4.5) – Mozilla FireFox Add-on Review
- IObit Smart Defrag (2.2) – Freeware Review
Posted: 14 Sep 2011 02:26 PM PDT
Hello and welcome to my post that will be continuing to following all of the Spybot – Search & Destroy weekly definition updates.
Here is the full list of updates:
Total: 2462788 fingerprints in 775200 rules for 6319 products.
To see the full list in it's original glory. Please use the following link: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/home/index.html
If you would like to download Spybot – Search & Destroy please use the following link: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/spybotsd/index.html
Till The Next Spybot Update,
Posted: 14 Sep 2011 12:31 PM PDT
A. Ease Of Use: 4/5 – A very easy and straight forward add-on. But there are still some settings that can get a bit tedious to newer users.
B. Security: 5/ 5 – 100% safe to use
C. Usefulness: 5/5 – Both my life as a member (CSW) and my life on the net would be a lot harder without this add-on. If you ever wondered how to say something in another language. Or even if you just ran into a site and or blog that is not in your own language.
D. FireFox Slowdown: A slight hiccup of a few seconds when you first select the option.
E. Computer Slow Down: Same as above
F. Type Of User I Would Recommend To Use This Add-on: Any level of Firefox user
Download Link: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2257/
Till The Next Review,
Posted: 14 Sep 2011 12:15 PM PDT
Program Name: IObit Smart Defrag
AA. Cost: Free
BB. Is It Worth That Cost ?: Yes, for sure 100%
1. Ease Of Use – Just click and go. I would personally advise if you do use this program. To try to use the analyze option first before full defrag. So you know how long it may take to run full scan.
1A. Interface - A very snazzy black border with grey interior with 2 main buttons – DEFRAG and ANALYZE (Both offer yet more options via a drop down menu). But there are also 4 tabs. (State (C:), Automatic Defrag, Boot Time Defrag and Reports)
2A. Quality Of Analyze Scan Option – Very quick and accurate
2B. Quality Of Defrag Processes - Excellent
2C. Quality Of Defrag Optimization – Hard to tell. But I don't generally have to defrag as option if I do the dual scan
2D. Speed of Scan – Pretty Quick, I find it on par with Auslogic disk defrag
3. Updating – Generally very quick
4. Can You Run Other Programs During A Scan ? Yes
4A. Can You Run Programs During Update ? Not sure, Have not had to update it yet. But all signs point to yes there should be no issue.
5. Is There A Progress Bar? Yes there is a progress bar
6. Can you leave it running and it will run with out issue ? Yes
7. Is There Adware Or Spyware Bundled With It ? Nope, not that I saw
8. Is It Stable ? Yes, very much so
10. How Long Do Scans Take ? The first time you run it could take awhile. After that cut the time at least in half.
Overall I give Smart Defrag (2.2) a – 4.5 out of 5 – Smart Deafrg again crushes its main competition "Auslogic disk defrag" free with great ease. I highly recommend Smart Defrag to anyone who is sick and tired of the disk defragger built into Windows. And that goes double for Vista users. Smart Defrag is very light on resources safe to use.
Smart defrag also allows for very accurate drive readings (Such as 0.15 % drive fragmentation). Instead of getting stuck with whole number read outs (Such as 1.0% drive fragmentation) That is provided by its competition Auslogic disk defrag.
2 Links You Can Use To Download Smart Defrag (2.2): http://www.iobit.com/iobitsmartdefrag.html or http://download.cnet.com/Smart-Defrag/3000-2094_4-10759533.html?tag=mncol;1
Till The Next Review,
|You are subscribed to email updates from The Computer Savvy Weblog |
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now.
|Email delivery powered by Google|
|Google Inc., 20 West Kinzie, Chicago IL USA 60610|